🚀 Who we are & What we believe?
We believe the internet is the great equalizer and enabler. It provides essentially unlimited access to knowledge, education, entertainment, services and commerce. And it’s an incredible tool to publish, create, share and communicate.
We think everyone deserves first-rate internet, and we have gone about creating an internet service that we ourselves want to use.
We believe in the power of curiosity, creativity and imagination. We use technology to realize our creations, to simplify and to enable. In addition, we add in hard work, sheer sweat and will power where that is not quite enough. If the idea is right, “that can’t be done”, or “that’s not how things are done” will not stop us.
Offering the best customer experience is dear to our hearts. Our industry is not very good at this, and we have lots of room to improve. We want to be the best and are looking for a leader that shares our passion.
If that’s you, we’d love to meet and get to know you. Let’s talk about how we can work together to make it happen!
TurkNet is Turkey's fastest growing alternative Internet Service Provider. We're looking for an experienced and passionate Team Leader for our game changer team writing Java language.
- Lead a team of 6-8 engineers closely with complete authority and accountability to deliver high quality software products.
- Lead your team to design and develop applications based on Microservices architecture.
- Guide your team members on latest technologies including Java, Spring, Spring-Boot, Hibernate, Maven, Grails, Groovy, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, MongoDB, GraphQL etc.
- Leverage development tools including GIT, Nginx, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Agile methodologies etc.
- Collaborate with other leaders, managers, architects and product owners to build an integrated world class software product suite for TurkNet.
- Experience working in software design and / or integration within the Telecommunications (Telecom is a huge plus) or IT space is required.
- Lead your team to understand product requirements for high traffic, high performance, scalability, security and availability.
- Plan and monitor tasks for your team members for upcoming sprints and product releases.
- Design review, code review, troubleshooting, and technical guidance to the team members.
- Complete ownership and accountability of the quality and timely delivery of the tasks assigned to your team.
- Collaborate with other team members like product owner, architect, project manager, test manager, database team, and quality assurance team, etc to deliver product features, releases and technical PoCs with high quality and timely manner using agile methodologies.
- Define, improve and follow best practices and processes related to design, code review, unit test, documentation for development team.
- Manage your team and perform annual appraisals for your team members along with semi-annual formal feedback cycle.
- Own hiring, grooming and growing your team members in terms of technology as well as career path.
- Proactively raise, suggest and discuss improvement areas and issues related to people, processes, technology, quality and delivery with own manager and higher management.
Must Have Qualifications
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Maths or related fields with a good academic score is preferred.
- At least 7+ years of Java programming experience in various Java based technologies and frameworks.
- At least 3+ years of Team management experience.
- Strong experience of OOP principles & design patterns & Unit Testing & Spring framework & Hibernate.
- Strong experience in designing and developing high performance, scalable, secure web applications end to end.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on approach for solving technical challenges faced by the team.
- Good working exposure to relational or document base databases like PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB etc.
- At leas 3+ years of working experience in Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud deployment technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Also experience in Nodejs and Functional Programming will be a big plus.
What We Offer?
- Be part of a team that is changing all the rules of the game and creating an original business model and infrastructure in our generation’s most important technological development: the internet.
- We are not afraid to question existing ways of doing things, and value creativity and freedom all as we move with the blistering speed of technological change.
- Empowerment, mastery, and learning. Join a company where you are entrusted with significant responsibility, where you will be part of our team forging a new path, discovering new ways of achieving things. Continuous learning opportunities to develop your mastery.
- Be yourself, join a team of unique hard-working and fun-loving teammates who believe in sharing and are always up for fun and taking a break together as well.